Tuesday, April 1, 2014

You create your relationship every day......

From a blog I read......




When The Hubs and I were dating we went to a lot of workshops together.  My favorite of all the different classes we did was about connecting with your heart. It was a 6 week class. I don’t remember the name of the teacher, the place where we took it or what we studied. All I remember from the class is one sentence. One, glorious and powerful sentence:
You create your relationship every day.
That’s it. So simple.
The teacher said that people wonder why relationships die. They go out with someone, it’s all fabulous in the beginning and then suddenly something happens. The relationship gets stale.
He went on to say, relationships do not get stale. People forget – you create your relationship every day. What people do is stop creating and then wonder what went wrong.
Well I guess if you count all that, it’s a whole paragraph. 6 week two hour class – and one paragraph was all I got. Oddly enough, it was all I needed.
We left that class and promised, solemnly swore even. We will create our relationship every day. We will not forget and go stale. We will be fresh. Every day.
Once we decided we create our relationship every day then the next question was – how?
We decided to text each other at least once a day. We don’t like to call each other during the day when we are both focused and working, however we religiously text each other at lunch time.

1 comment:

  1. MSN had an interesting bit of info concerning men's complaints in marriages. A good read if you get the chance. It encourages me to keep my eye on the goal @ hand. Which is making my husband fell loved, honored, valued. Isn't that what we vowed to do when we got married anyway?!
    After you read this, make time to tell your hubby just how much you appreciate him. Even if he's gotten on your last nerve. Maybe you just need to swallow your pride and forgive him. After all, who are we not to forgive them. Hopefully he hasn't been imposible & this will be easy. If so, do it before it happens!:)
    Love to all you ladies,

    Sue Raines

    ReplyDelete